This EBook will walk you through a detailed, eye-opening and inspiring journey on becoming a good manager.
It aims to shorten your learning curve as a first-time manager/new manager, equip you with practical skills, help you fit in quickly into your new managerial role, learn how to manage people and enjoy performing well in your job.
The EBook will equip you with skills including delegating, team building, risk taking, empathy, communicating, active listening and giving feedback.
You will learn key lessons such as:
- Settling down quickly as a newly promoted manager
- How to avoid the mistakes that first-time managers make
- Overcoming the challenges that new managers face
- How to manage and support people effectively
- Knowing your team and forging relationships
- Building trust and credibility with team members, and
- How to become a better, competent and confident manager.
This EBook will benefit people who are managers for the first-time, newly promoted managers, individuals who aspire to be managers in the future and a refresher for experienced managers.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
A PEP TALK FOR NEW MANAGERS
145 Building Blocks For How To Be A Good First-Time Manager
Surveying The Land: Overview of Being a First-Time Manager
Laying The Foundation: Setting Your Expectations as a New Manager
Installing The Framework: Developing Your Management Style, Systems and Processes
Installing Roofing and Insulation: Teambuilding
Working On The Exterior: Developing and Motivating Employees
Building The Interior: Developing and Motivating Yourself
Routine Maintenance: Effective Communication and Feedback
Conducting Inspections: Managing Employee Performance
Fixing Cracks On The Wall: Managing Challenges at Work.