This infographic walks you through the process of how to write a resume.
It includes contents of a resume, identifying accomplishments, resume power words and storytelling in a resume.
How To Write A Resume – Infographic
1. List Your Accomplishments
- Revenue increased
- Money saved
- Skills gained
- Initiatives undertaken
- Time saved
- Customers added
- People supervised
- Career growth
2. Dissect the Job Opening
- Am I able to do this job? Is it a good fit?
- Is this a good company?
- What qualifications does the employer want?
- Research the company
3. Contents of a Resume
- Your name
- Contact details
- Resume headline
- Resume summary
- Work experience
- Educational qualifications
- Specialized skills
- Important awards
4. The Resume Summary
- A snapshot paragraph of your resume
- Show why you are a rock star or a superstar
- Showcase your awesomeness here
- Customize for the job that you are applying for
5. Identifying Accomplishments
- Did you increase sales? How and by how much?
- Did you improve processes? Which processes?
- Did you save the company money? How and how much?
- Did you lead or manage projects? Which ones?
- Did you train others? Who did you train and on what?
6. Storytelling on Your Resume
- Add life to your resume with stories
- Short, truthful and punchy accomplishment stories
- I did X and the result was Y
- Make the claim and provide the evidence/results
7. Power Words for Resumes
8. Keywords on Your Resume
- Job advertisements have specific keywords
- They show what employers value or require
- Naturally weave in few keywords on your resume
- Provide context or examples relating to keywords
9. Types of Resumes
9.1 Reverse Chronological:
Lists work experience and accomplishments in a sequential way starting with most recent experience and proceeding backwards listing all previous jobs and accomplishments.
Lists your key skills and all your work experience and accomplishments are categorized under each respective skill.
9.3 Combination/Hybrid of Chronological & Functional:
Lists job positions and segments each job based on key skills e.g. Analytical skills, Interpersonal, Management, Decision making etc. Major accomplishments listed under respective skills.
10. Resume Completion Checklist
- Are your current contact details included?
- Is your resume customized for the job?
- Is a summary included?
- Have you included your accomplishments?
- Have you proofread your resume?
How To Write A Resume - Infographic
This infographic walks you through how to write a resume. It includes Contents of a Resume, Identifying Accomplishments, Storytelling and Power Words.